Next UP is proud to announce our first Toronto Intensive, a 3-day leadership program for young adults aged 18 - 35 who are committed to building social and environmental justice movements.
Over three intense days, you will develop new skills and ideas, look at how social change is made in society and learn with change-makers who are doing great work in Ontario to build more just communities.
Registration deadline: Tuesday, April 18, 2017
What will I learn?
You’ll learn more about yourself and your values, and about how to turn your ideas into action. You’ll be challenged with new ways of thinking. You’ll meet provocative guests who are leading social change in Toronto and beyond. You’ll get new skills to help be more effective in your social change work.
Some of the topics we’ll explore include:
• Community and campaigns organizing
• Story & social change
• Theories of change-making
• Anti-oppression and decolonization
• And more!
It will take place:
Friday, April 28 to Sunday, April 30
Diptych Studio - 122 John Street, Toronto
$80 inclusive, lunch and refreshments provided. $120 super ticket (a super ticket helps subsidize others' participation).
Subsidies are available upon request. All requests for registration subsidies must be made by Thursday, April 13 to be considered. Email your subsidy request to Rana Hamadeh, Ottawa@nextup.ca
We encourage participants with children to register. Childcare subsidies may be available. Please indicate in your application form if you would like childcare support.
We encourage registrations from people of all genders and sexualities, Two-Spirit people, Indigenous peoples, people of colour, low-income earners and the unemployed, newcomers, and people with disabilities. We acknowledge that systemic oppression and harsh realities of life may make participation difficult for some, and we will do our best to assist people who want to participate.
Placement in the Toronto Intensive is limited. In order for us to save your place, you will need to:
2) Fill out the participant survey and submit to firstname.lastname@example.org by registration deadline date
The survey contains a written assignment and allows us to gain a greater understanding of people’s experiences, knowledge, and desires for the program, and the intensive will be designed with this in mind.
Completing the participant survey is mandatory. If your survey responses are not received by the registration deadline, we will refund your registration and offer your spot to the next person on our waiting list.
You will be asked to review our anti-harassment policy before the Intensive begins and your participation in the Intensive will be understood as an agreement to abide by our anti-harassment principles.
- Thursday, April 13 – deadline for subsidy requests
- Tuesday, April 18 (11PM EST) – Registration, payment, and participant survey submission deadline (spaces are limited, spots first-come, first-served)
- Friday, April 21 – We are not able to provide full refunds past this date, if something happens and you are no longer able to attend, then you must notify us before this date in order to be refunded your registration fee.
- Friday, April 28 to Sunday, April 30 – the program will run 10:00 am to 5:00 pm each of these days.
Questions can be emailed to Next Up coordinator Rana Hamadeh: Ottawa@nextup.ca
Thanks for your interest in our Toronto Intensive!
We are grateful for the generous support of our countless donors, and for the support of partners who are making this event possible: Unifor National, AMAPCEO, IATSE 873 Toronto, IBEW 353, and the Toronto & York Region Labour Council.