How to Apply
Applications for the 2013/14 programs in Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary, Saskatoon and Ottawa will open in July/August.
Sign up to our mailing list below to be notified and to receive special announcements.
Wondering if Next Up is for you?
Do you wonder what the future holds for the world? Are you concerned about things like climate change, poverty, public health and education, housing and trade policy? Do you believe that global and local issues are connected? Do you feel that our economic system is focused on profit at the expense of people and the planet?
Do you believe that it is possible for us, as communities, to do things differently at home and abroad, to eradicate poverty, to deal with conflict peacefully, for everyone to have access to good public health and education services?
If you’ve answered yes to any or all of the above, then this program is for you.
- Aged 18–32
- Passionate about changing the way the world works, and committed to being active on the front lines of social change
- Certain that there are better ways for us to take care of each other and the planet
- Willing to take a risk, join a team, and learn more about yourself
- Someone with leadership qualities (though leadership and activism experience are not necessarily required)
- Available to commit time to the program between October – April
(Next Up Ottawa will run February to May, 2013)
What level of commitment is required of me and when?
By joining Next Up you’re committing yourself to an extraordinarily rigorous and exciting program. The programs run from October to April, and during that time you will:
- Attend one evening session per week
- Attend one day-long weekend session per month
- Connect with community leaders during mutually convenient times
- Explore and take action on an issue or topic of social change that you’re passionate about
Can I apply if I’m in school or working?
Yes. The program was designed with an understanding that the people in it would have a life: work, school, family and many combinations thereof. That’s why the sessions take place in the evenings and on weekends.
Where does the program take place?
Next Up BC takes place in Vancouver, BC.
Next Up Edmonton takes place in Edmonton, AB.
Next Up Calgary takes place in Calgary, AB.
Next Up Saskatchewan takes place in Saskatoon, SK.
Next Up Ottawa takes place in Ottawa, ON.
How much does it cost?
It’s free! The cost of the program for participants will be covered entirely by the program. You have to commit, time, energy, curiosity and a desire to change the world.
* * * * *
If you have any questions, please contact us!