Next Up Calgary 2017 Call Out for Applicants
Next Up was created by a community of people who wanted to help emerging leaders (that’s you!) develop new and better skills, smarts and ideas. The program is intense. Over several months, we’ll dive into a number of topics and disciplines, combining theory, practice, deep thinking, and hard skills. We’ll look at some of the most pressing Canadian policy issues both foreign and domestic. We will consider where “progressive” thinking is on these issues and how to solve them. We’ll look at how change is made in society. And we’ll meet some of the most innovative change-makers in Calgary — from the non-profit, labour, cooperative, and public sectors — who are working for a better world.
If you're asking yourself, should I apply for Next Up Calgary?, please read the Frequently Asked Questions for the Core Next Up Program.
To apply to Next Up Calgary, you need to know this:
- Application deadline is September 22 at 11:00pm local time
- Candidates must be available for interviews on September 30, between 10am and 4pm
- Orientation will take place on October 14 & 15, 9am to 5pm each day
- Session dates: There will be one Tuesday evening session from 6-9 pm each week and three two-day weekend sessions (11 /12 Nov. 2017, 13/14 Jan 2018, and 10/11 March 2018). Attendance is required for ALL weekend sessions. Interviews and weekend sessions will be at 223 12 Ave SW, Calgary. Evening sessions will be held at 100 - 1711 10 Ave SW Calgary.
- Successful applicants must be able to attend all of the dates listed above. We thank everyone for taking the time to apply, but we will only contact shortlisted applicants. We will acknowledge the receipt of emailed applications.
Complete the RSVP and we'll email an application package to you right away.
We value the contributions people from equity-seeking groups bring to our organization, leadership, and movement building. We encourage applications from LGBTTQ+ people, Indigenous peoples, people of colour, low-income earners and the unemployed, immigrants and refugees, and people with disabilities or another equity seeking group with which you may identify.