Campaigner: 3 days a week, January to May, 2013 – $25/hour
Green Jobs BC is seeking an experienced campaigner to work on an
exciting new initiative, based in Vancouver. Working closely with the
GreenJobs BC Coordinator and Steering Committee, the Campaigner will
plan and manage a campaign that calls on a diverse range of
organizations representing sectors across the province to endorse the
GreenJobs BC Open Letter & Call for a Bold Green Jobs Plan for BC.
Candidates should have an understanding of BC’s environmental issues
and labour sector. You are an outgoing person and engaging
communicator, and you find green collar jobs inspiring.
GreenJobsBC exists to strengthen communication and cooperation between
labour and environmental organizations, in order to advance economic
and environmental initiatives that: provide good green jobs; are
socially equitable; are ecologically responsible; and, result in the
reduction of GHG emissions.
The Open Letter has been written, and has sign on from a number of key
organizations. A basic communications plan and a website have been
developed. You will build on these platform pieces to engage a broader
- Develop a strategic campaign plan for a non-partisan province wide
Open Letter Campaign, with a focus on organization sign on.
- Design and deliver creative and engaging presentations to
organizations and union locals on the Open Letter Campaign, and role
of GreenJobs BC.
- Manage the campaign budget.
- Attend Steering Committee Meetings to deliver monthly progress reports.
- Assist in developing and delivering a media and communications plan
for the Campaign.
- Work collaboratively with organizations interested in participating
in the Campaign.
- Passion and interest in green jobs and their role in transitioning
BC to a low carbon and just economy.
- Previous experience developing and managing campaigns.
- Excellent inter-personal, public speaking, social media, and writing skills.
- Works well both independently, and as an effective team member.
- Experience working with the environmental and labour sectors is an asset.
Please send your cover letter and resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org with “GreenJobs BC Campaigner – [Your
Name]” in the subject line by Friday November 16th. No phone calls
please. Thank you to all candidates; we will only be contacting those
selected for an interview.